Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Conducting at the Meyerson

Today I took my 2nd graders to hear the Dallas Symphony at Meyerson Symphony Center. They saw a wonderful concert called "The Recipe of Music," which reviewed the "ingredients" of music. I always love taking my students to the orchestra; so many of them would never have a chance to hear a live orchestra if we didn't go to the symphony on a field trip!

At any rate, the symphony's education director e-mailed me last week and asked if I would conduct part of the audience during the concert while the orchestra demonstrated the concept of round/canon. During the concert today, the audience was divided into 3 groups and sang "Frere Jacques" in a round. The orchestra conductor, the "chef," and I each directed one group.

I didn't tell my students that I was going to do this, so when the condcutor called me up on stage during the concert, my kids went CRAZY! They were so excited!

I know my all my conducting classmates from TU, along with Dr. Rediger, will be so proud.

5 comments:

  1. What a fun experience for you and the kids. :) So fun to see a picture of you in action. :) Hope you and Dave are doing great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great time for you and your kids! I loved music class in elementary school because I had such a great teacher and I think your kids are pretty lucky to have you to be their teacher! Love ya! Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute up there! I bet your kids were so proud and excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted you to know that I have been writing down all of your crock pot recipes so I can try them once David and I actually move! Can't wait and I think it's a great idea to share, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! If you don't have an account, select "anonymous" to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...