Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Women's Retreat

This weekend our church held their first-ever women’s retreat, “Sharing the Journey.” It was truly an amazing two days of worship, Biblical teaching, and fun girl time. Here’s Sandy, Kelli, and me working at the registration table.

The dinner on Friday night was delicious, and I was impressed by all the extra touches the planning committee had done to make this event so special, such as the beautiful table decorations and the bags full of fun goodies (like coupons for free Starbucks coffee!) that were at every place setting. These are some of the sweet girls in our community group at dinner—Erin, Stephanie, & Annika.


A wonderful lady from our church, Jan Franke, spoke on Friday night about her life journey. She has been through so much—infertility, breast cancer, parenting challenges—but through it all, she spoke of how God has been faithful. "Whether the tide of your life is in & all is going well, or whether the tide is out & you are on the rocks, God is faithful." Her story was so encouraging!

Three ladies from our church spent hours getting different businesses to donate amazing door prizes; all together, they had over 60 prizes, such as $100 gift certificates to a spa in Southlake and Mary Kay & Arbonne gift baskets! They had a fun game where they would call out random items that might be in your purse, such as a calculator, floss (which, of course, I had!), etc., and then the first girl to jump up and show the item from her purse won one of the door prizes! It was hilarious! I won a $50 gift certificate for custom framing for being the first to show a pack of Trident gum!

There was also a fun fashion show, and I was a model for it! A lady who sells CAbi clothing brought tons of clothes, handbags, and jewelry, and on Friday night after the session, we all went to her hotel room and tried on different outfits to see which we would model. The next morning, after breakfast, we walked through the banquet hall modeling the clothes, & she spoke to all the ladies about the new fashion trends. It was so fun! (I wish you could see the dress that I was modeling better in this picture—it was beautiful!)

On Saturday morning, we also had small group Bible studies, and I led one on the topic of God’s grace. It was such a sweet time of sharing God’s word with a small group of women. This verse in particular from our study spoke to me: “But He said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. This is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” (II Corinthians 12:9-10)

We ended the retreat with a beautiful time of worship. I am so thankful for a church that designs incredible opportunities where we can experience the Lord in such a sweet way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you! If you don't have an account, select "anonymous" to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...