Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day '09

On Friday night, we had a little Valentine party at our house with a few other couples. We had a lot of fun playing both "Apples to Apples" and "Battle of the Sexes." Of course, the guys won "Battle of the Sexes," because they had questions such as "Where would you use the product 'Cascade'?" while we girls had much more difficult questions, like "Which sport uses the term '301'?" (Does anybody know?) No matter though--we had a great time!
I was scheduled to sing at church this weekend, but instead my sweet husband had been scheming behind my back! I had planned on taking a nap on Saturday afternoon before heading to church for rehearsal on Saturday afternoon; little did I know Dave had reset the alarm on my phone and I woke up "late"--or at least I thought I had overslept! Dave then revealed the first part of the plan to me....that he had already talked to Brian, our worship leader, to let him know that I wouldn't be singing this weekend since I was being abducted! If you know me at all, you know I really love surprises, so at this point I got very excited! We headed out for dinner at our new favorite Italian place (Niki's Italian on Davis).

After dinner, Dave started driving downtown, so I thought we were possibly going to see a show at Bass Hall. Instead, he drove us to the new Omni Hotel! They just opened on January 17, & Dave was able to get an opening special. The hotel was absolutely gorgeous, and we had a beautiful view of all the downtown lights! Wow--this was Dave's year to plan Valentine's Day, so we'll have to see if I can top his surprise next year! ;) Truly, though, I am so thankful for my precious husband..... Happy Valentine's Day from the Rinns!

3 comments:

  1. Such a great surprise! Props to Dave for planning such a great "date night". Cute hair, by the way :) Miss you and hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, love the hair!!! I'm glad you had a great V day, and thanks for including sample questions so everyone knows I didn't make it up when I said the guys always win "battle of the sexes." Talk to you soon, Kimi

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! If you don't have an account, select "anonymous" to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...