Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Can You Dig It?


Can you dig it?  Isaac is TWO!
I know I say this all the time...but I can't believe how quickly life goes with Isaac!  Just a year ago, he couldn't walk and was just starting to babble.  Now he's running, jumping, singing, talking constantly, and--his favorite thing of all, DIGGING.  Over the past few weekends, Dave embarked on a huge project to build this awesome rockbox in our backyard.  We had a ton of help from family and friends, and it was finished just in time for Isaac's party.
I had a blast planning for Isaac's digger party!  To be honest, all I did was copy ideas from these two blogs (Team Smith and The Barefoot Mom).  I did have a big benefit when it came to decorations in that it was very easy to get construction signs and cones (thank you, Dad!).  ;)
We had some of Isaac's little friends and their families over on Saturday night for his digger party.  We did most of the decorating that afternoon while he was napping.  It was so much fun to see his eyes light up when he came downstairs as he saw all the decorations.  His eyes got really big, and then he started pointing all around and saying "crane, balloon, bulldozer (bulldodo)" over and over!  Couldn't be cuter!














This is one awesome work crew!
And, what else would you have at a digger party for dessert than dirt cake?!  :)
So, can we dig it that Isaac's two?  Of course!  We love each day with our little guy. 
I'm not going to lie--I had a "few" tears while we sang "Happy Birthday."  These past 2 years have gone so quickly and have been so, so wonderful.  It's hard to imagine that there was a time without Isaac...now he fills our days with lots of laughs, smiles, and even dirt.  :)  We love you, Isaac!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you! If you don't have an account, select "anonymous" to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...