Last summer was the first time we made a family bucket list.
I was so sad last summer that I really needed a list of activities to get me out of the house
...it worked!
...it worked!
I am so thankful that we have sweet Emma this summer, & I don't need a list to help me have fun. :) But, Dave and I decided that making a bucket list is now a Rinn tradition.
Here's what we're looking forward to this summer!
--eat banana splits & watch a movie on our back patio
--instead of reading books in Isaac's room before bed, read on the back patio
--spend a Saturday at the Trophy Club splash park as a family
--take Isaac to a jobsite to watch Dave operate the crane & set bridge beams
--swimming lessons!
--Dallas Children's Aquarium
--play with colored ice cubes in our water table
--paint with colored shaving cream in the bathtub
--fingerpaint on the back door
--make ice cream sandwiches with Isaac
When I asked Isaac what he wanted to do this summer, he said,
"Go to Colorado and ride a horsey." :-)
Nearly every morning, he asks if it's the day to go to Colorado. Maybe we shouldn't have told him--at least yet!--that we are going there this summer.
We had a fantastic family vacation to the beach last summer. We discovered that there is something so special about being on vacation with just your own family. This is not to say that we don't still love our time away as a couple, too! ;) But, we are really excited about our first vacation as a family of four!
Some of the things that we are on our bucket list for Colorado are...
- ride a horsey :-)
- eat s'mores
- go on a hayride
- ride bikes together! Emma will be big enough to sit in our bike trailer by July, and Isaac does a great job on his Strider bike.
- take Isaac to the rodeo in Steamboat with his Nana & Papa
But--even though this is the last item on our list--the thing I am most excited about this summer is laughing & loving life with these three!
So...how about you?
What's on your summer bucket list?
And, if have any awesome ideas that we aren't on our list, we'd love to hear those, too!
And, if have any awesome ideas that we aren't on our list, we'd love to hear those, too!
Such fun ideas! You inspired me to make my own list. Here are a few from my Pinterest boards:
ReplyDeleteWater Wall
http://tinkerlab.com/2012/05/diy-water-wall
Spending an evening in a backyard blankent tent
Breakfast picnics
For hot afternoons:
Crepe paper obstacle course
Balloon Tennis
Hi Bethany! Love your list! Looks like you all have a fun summer planned! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and linking to some of my posts!
ReplyDeleteStephanie @ Playing House
You guys have a rockin' list - I think we'll just steal some of your ideas! Thanks :)
ReplyDelete