Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Visit to the Fire Station

Today, we toured Keller Fire Station #4 to celebrate the birthday of one of Isaac's friends!

I didn't tell Isaac ahead of time that we were going to the fire station.  This morning, I went into Isaac's room and started to wake him up.  His eyes were still closed as I said, "Today we're going to the fire station..." and, before I could say anything else, Isaac sat straight up in bed and said shouted "to ride the firetruck with Uncle Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike!" 
(I have no idea how he makes Mike's name last soooo long!)  :)

I explained to Isaac that Uncle Mike is in Colorado, but that we still would get to see firemen who do the same kind of work that Uncle Mike does.  Isaac was excited, to say the least!
Watching Fireman Trevor put on all his gear while the Fire Captain gave a quick talk on fire safety
Up into the firetruck!
We had a great morning at the fire station...but I'm pretty sure that Isaac thinks nothing would top riding in a firetruck with his Uncle Mike! 
(Let's put that on the bucket list, Mike!)  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you! If you don't have an account, select "anonymous" to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...