Well, I got a little behind in Emma's monthly pictures. Emma's 8 month birthday, October 20, was also Isaac's third birthday party. And, we were in Colorado for Thanksgiving on Emma's 9 month birthday. I finally got back on schedule in December & snapped this picture on Emma's 10 month birthday.
| I just love her little face in this picture! |
Now, Emma is just a month from turning ONE!
I know all parents say this...but WHERE has my baby gone?
At 11 months, Emma loves....
- her brother! Emma crawls as fast as she can to keep up with Isaac. She especially loves when he plays horsies, because then he crawls right next to her on the ground.
- cruising & getting around as fast she can! I've caught her climbing up 2 stairs on several different occassions. She can cruise while holding on to the couch very well.
- reading! Emma gets the biggest smile on her face when you sit down in her chair and read a book with her. Sometimes, she'll even turn the page. :)
| Emma & her new stroller from Papa & Nana |
- saying "uh-oh!" She doesn't always say it in context, but hearing her say "uh-oh" is about the cutest sound I've ever heard. Isaac gets SO excited when she says it.
- eating sweet potato biscuits and pumpkin pancakes. She tries any food offered to her, but seems to prefer vegetables, meat, and anything baked. :) Emma will eat bananas and other fruits, but doesn't get very excited about them.
- riding in the wagon with Isaac!
Emma has three teeth now (two bottom & one top). On a "normal" day (generally any day but Wednesday or Sunday), Emma takes a morning and afternoon naps (anywhere from 2 - 3 hours each). She goes to bed after her last bottle each evening and wakes up around 7:00 each morning. Emma still has 4 bottles each day, but she is getting better at drinking from the sippy cup as we approach her first birthday.
One of my favorite things that Isaac does right now is "interpret" for Emma.
Over the past week, Isaac has said all of the following are "reasons" why Emma is crying:
"Mommy, Emma is crying because she wants to go spend the night at Mom-o's."
"Mommy, Emma is crying because she wants to get down and play with me."
"Mommy, Emma is crying because she wants to play horsies with me."
"Mommy, Emma is crying because she needs to go take a nap." :)
Here are a few favorite pictures from this past month:
| Standing & holding on with only one hand! |
| Emma had a lot of extra snuggling time last week when she got a new top tooth. :) |
We all love you, Emma!
What a darling girl you have! I love her outfit in her 11 month picture! And Harriet has (and adores) that same stroller. (-:
ReplyDeleteShe is seriously one of the cutest little babies I have ever seen!!
ReplyDeleteAnd Isaac is pretty darn adorable too!! He seems like the sweetest big brother. Emma is so lucky to have him!
She's adorable. I love her little hat in the 11 month photo.
ReplyDelete