Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Just Like My Daddy


Dave has been working at a jobsite in Las Colinas over the past few months.  A few weeks ago, we went to Plano to take pictures in a field of bluebonnets, and we stopped by to visit Dave on the way home.  Of course, Isaac was thrilled that he didn't get to just see his daddy, but also Pop (his new term for "Papa Kal") and Uncle Mike.  :)




  Isaac was very disappointed that he couldn't get "really dirty like my daddy" since he was wearing a white dress shirt :), so we went to visit again a few days later when they were setting beams.  I let Isaac pick his outfit for that visit...and he picked jeans with holes "just like my daddy," his rain boots "just like my daddy" and his snow gloves "so I can have worker-man gloves just like my daddy."  


Last week, we got a new dishwasher.  David was installing it while I bathed Isaac and Emma.  I had told Isaac that we'd go watch Daddy work on the dishwasher after baths were done and I'd put Emma to bed. But, after I came out of Emma's room from putting her down, Dave was already coming upstairs.  He told Isaac that he was coming to read books with Isaac before bedtime since he was almost done with the dishwasher.  

Immediately, Isaac's eyes filled with the biggest tears I've ever seen in his eyes.  His chin started to quiver,  though he was trying so hard not to actually cry.  He couldn't hold his tears back and just started blubbering, "But I wanted to help my daddy and put the new dishwasher in."  Dave was so sweet and took Isaac right down to the kitchen.  Isaac found his own hammer and measuring tape, and the two of them looked through all the "plans."  :)  Dave "found" a few more things for Isaac to help him with before they went upstairs to read books for the night.  :)

I love this little boy who wants to be just like his daddy...and I love this daddy who pours so much love and time into his little boy.

1 comment:

We'd love to hear from you! If you don't have an account, select "anonymous" to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...