Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

Who Is This Man?

David is about to start a project on an oilfield, and he attended "oilfield training" earlier this week.  When he got home from training, he told me that he'd have to shave his beard.  I absolutely love Dave with his beard (I think he's had it for 5 years), so I gave him plenty of reasons why I though this regulation was ridiculous.  Of course, none of my reasons matter.  :)  

Dave went to work yesterday morning with a beard, but I received this text halfway through my morning.
SURPRISE!
Dave was headed to the oilfield with some equipment yesterday, so he had to shave it before he arrived on the premises.  

I wondered what Isaac and Emma would think of Dave when he arrived home last night.  (I hadn't told Isaac anything about this.)

When Dave got home last night, Isaac ran to the garage to say "hi" as he always does.  He paused and then asked, "Why are you wearing that?"  Dave explained this is what he'd be wearing at the oilfield.  Both Dave & I could tell Isaac was thinking really hard.  Isaac studied him again and then said, "Hey!  You don't have your beard!"

"Daddy, why did you shave your beard?  Daddy, you look silly!"  Isaac said both of these phrases over and over last night.
Beard or no beard, this is one fantastic daddy!

Before bed last night, Isaac touched Dave's cheek again and said, "Daddy, I really like your no beard."  

This reminded me of the time when I was in 6th grade and my dad surprised my sister and me by growing a beard.  My family was living in Minnesota, but my dad had been working in Texas for several weeks (long enough to grow something that resembled a beard!).  Emily & I were so shocked when our dad came home with a beard, because he had never had any facial hair.  I don't think he'd been home from Texas for an hour before he shaved it off.  :)

Flashback to 1994!  My mom took this picture of Emily & me watching our dad shave his beard off.  
Our expressions make me laugh!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! Ours do the same thing when daddy shaves!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! If you don't have an account, select "anonymous" to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...