Emma turned 21 months last Wednesday!
At 21 months, Emma takes one very long nap each afternoon. She's usually asleep by 1:15 and often sleeps until 5, if not 5:30! Then, she's ready to keep up with Isaac until she goes to bed at 8:00 p.m.
Even just a few weeks ago, we didn't think Emma was saying too many words. All of a sudden, though, her vocabulary seems to have exploded. Emma says: Mommy, Daddy, I-aac, Bubba (for Isaac), ap-po (apple), pum-in (pumpkin), please, down, up, no, bye-bye, yes, bow, owie, cheese (as in smiling for the camera, not the food), boo (book), shoe, Bi-bo (Bible), obey, mine, cookie, cake, & pa-pi (paci).
Today was the first time she put three words together: "No Mama, mine!" :)
Emma pretends to act shy and burrows her head into my shoulder when I bring her to her class at BSF and Keystone Church. The second I pass her to her teacher, though, she is wriggling out of the teacher's arms and trying to find a toy. When I come back to pick her up, she runs toward the door as soon as she sees me and says, "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy" over and over. It is just the sweetest sound!
Emma's favorite food is yogurt. She also loves oatmeal, pancakes, cookies, ice cream, and applesauce.
Her favorite toy is whatever Isaac is playing with at the time. :) She loves taking baths with Isaac. Her favorite book is "Wheels on the Bus," and we sing (read) it at nap time and bedtime each day. She traces the shape of the wheel on the bus around and around while I read the book.
This is probably my favorite picture of Emma from the past few months. I was taking a picture of Isaac as he vacuumed while wearing his helmet. Emma walked over to me, patted my leg, said "please," and then POSED! This picture makes me laugh so hard.
Emma loves dressing up! My mom bought this ballerina costume many years ago. I found it in a bin when I was pulling out clothes for fall. Each time Emma sees it in the drawer, she brings it to me and says "please" to wear it. :)
It's getting harder and harder to get still shots of Emma...she is always on the go (even with one shoe missing!). :)
Emma loves her toothbrush more than toy, doll, or blankie! If I ever can't find Emma, she's most likely in her bathroom with her toothbrush. She's also happy to take anyone else's toothbrush, too! :) (This was also the first time I got her hair into a ponytail...so cute!)
Speaking of ponytails, Dave brought Emma to church with these adorable pigtails a few Sundays ago. I was at church early to serve, and Dave picked out Emma's outfit and did her hair. :) He surprised me backstage with Emma so I could see her pigtails...he is one proud daddy!
Emma loves her daddy! She lunges out of my arms and into his as soon as he walks in the door each night. Lately, she asks "please" over and over for Dave to let her sit in his truck and play with the steering wheel.
This girl! This smile! We just couldn't be more thrilled that she is ours.











No comments:
Post a Comment
We'd love to hear from you! If you don't have an account, select "anonymous" to leave a comment.