This year, Mother's Day was extra special because we dedicated Emma at Keystone Church!
| "I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord." I Samuel 1:27-28 We love this joyful, full-of-life girl! |
What a privilege to have both of our parents at the service! Tim and Susie called a few weeks ago and asked if they could come for a visit--who says no to that?!?! Keystone announced their dedication date around the same time that Tim & Susie were planning their trip, so it was an extra treat that Tim & Susie could be here for Emma's dedication. My cousin, Nate, and Dave's brother, Mike, were also at the service.
Our pastor, Brandon, explaining the purpose of dedicating our children. We, as Emma's parents, committed to raising Emma in a Christ-centered home--what a joy and responsibility! The members of our church also committed to support us in our role parents by serving our children at church and teaching them about Jesus.
On Mother's Day, I still wasn't able to hold Emma because of a procedure I had done a few weeks ago. She is always asking me to hold her and cries because I can't. As much as she loves Daddy, we were worried that she was going to beg for me to hold her during the dedication. She didn't--but she did put one arm…and then the other...around me. She's the sweetest!
Thank you, Mike, for taking these pictures during the dedication!
Susie with two of her three sons on Mother's Day
After church, we all went to our house for Mother's Day lunch!
| playing trains with Uncle Nate |
![]() |
| looking at a book with Mom-o |
| Dave made an amazing lunch for everyone! He was so sweet and wouldn't let any of the moms in the kitchen. :) |
I had been looking forward to making this dessert for several weeks, though!
This is Danielle Walker's fruit tart from Against All Grain. (Of course, I forgot to take a picture until we had already started cutting into it.)
It wasn't that long ago that I absolutely dreaded Mother's Day…now, there are many days when I still can't believe that I am called "mommy" by this precious boy and girl.
I am so thankful for Isaac & Emma.
"He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children.
Praise the Lord."
Psalm 113:9



No comments:
Post a Comment
We'd love to hear from you! If you don't have an account, select "anonymous" to leave a comment.