Pages

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Our trip to Steamboat--June 2017

We started off June with a trip to Steamboat!  In March, I was looking at tickets online and found such a great deal to DIA!  We got four tickets round trip for $180!  Dave stayed home to work, but the kids were such good travelers that I'd do it again!

They were so excited--and, therefore, so loud--at the airport!  They watched the planes moving through the window and were all talking at once! I got lots of smiles from other passengers. 
 
It always makes me laugh how my kids love to read the airplane diagrams and disaster pamphlets on the plane.  Emma and Isaac sat by each other for most of the flight, and Josiah and I were across the aisle.  Emma made friends with the lady who sat behind her and colored a few pictures of her.


Papa and Nana picked us up at DIA.  I love coming up the escalator at DIA and looking for your family who's there to meet you!  Each of the kids had such huge smiles and were just ecstatic to see Papa and Nana!  We ate supper at Chick Fil A and then drove back to Steamboat.  We didn't get in til after 11pm and everyone was tired!  But, we all woke up excited the next day to be in beautiful Steamboat!



We walked down by the river and also visited the Hot Springs pool a few times.


Josiah said the water was "freezing cold," but it didn't keep him from playing!


They played hard all day and were so tired at night!



On Sunday afternoon, Papa took Isaac & Emma on a ride in "the car without a roof" (as Emma says). My father-in-law's neighbor came over after we had returned to Texas and told him that the happiest sounds she'd heard all summer was when she heard the kids screaming and laughing in the driveway as they took off!  They loved it!  (Look at their smiles!)
We also visited Fish Creek Falls on Sunday afternoon, and it was just beautiful!









I took Emma and Isaac on a nature scavenger hunt one afternoon while Josiah napped.  I'd always known there some trails behind my in-law's house, but I'd never explored them.  They were beautiful!   Isaac, Emma, and I spent nearly two hours looking for everything on our list.








Emma crawled down a little hill to find a purple flower, and Isaac was such a gentleman to help her back up the hill.



Emma picked so many dandelions!  I've never seen such yellow or such big dandelions--they were really pretty!  She finally had so many that we practiced being a flower girl and tossing them as we walked down the trail.

Emma found a ladybug!

Success!  They finished their scavenger hunt!

On our last full day in Colorado, we drove north and had dinner in Clark.  The restaurant had this huge sand pit, playhouse, and ride-on tractor that Josiah loved!  (He didn't mind that it didn't have any batteries.)



Then, we drove to Hahn's Peak!  In all my years of visiting Steamboat, I've never been to Hahn's Peak.  It was absolutely breathtaking.  I don't know if I've ever been in such awe of God's creation.  It had just sprinkled, and there were only two people fishing there besides all of us.  It was as if we had the entire lake to ourselves!



We were hiking around Hahn's Peak Lake when the kids found SNOW!  You cannot imagine the shouts and screaming!  They were so happy!



It was such a beautiful evening to end our trip!  

~riding the train at DIA to head home to Daddy~

We can't wait for our next trip to Colorado!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you! If you don't have an account, select "anonymous" to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...