Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

San Francisco

Two weeks ago, I flew to see Emily!  I left early on Friday morning.  It felt so strange to be alone!  My flight to San Francisco was delayed over an hour, so I drank Starbucks and read and read at the airport.  Emily picked me up, and we drove to Sam's Chowder House where we had lobster rolls and THE BEST key lime pie I've ever had.  (Key lime pie is my very favorite dessert, and I'm now on a mission to recreate this!)


We went back to Emily's and I took a long nap!  We both read for awhile, and then we went to Trader Joe's to get food for dinner.  It was still raining and SO cold, so staying in for the night and watching a movie was our idea of a perfect Friday night.


We drove into the city the next morning and walked the Golden Gate Bridge.  It was sprinkling a bit, but when we were a bit over halfway across it started raining more.  Emily suggested that we turn around, which was a good idea.  It really began to rain harder and harder!  We were so wet and cold by the time we got back to Em's vehicle.  We turned the heat on and just tried to warm up!  




 We headed downtown and had lunch at a Jewish Deli and then shopped! I took another long nap that evening, and then we went and wandered around Target and drank hot chocolate.  I never wander around anywhere, ha!  It was so fun.  

We woke up early the next morning to sunshine!  We headed north over the Golden Gate Bridge to  Muir Woods National Monument!  I really wanted to see the Redwoods.  (Dave and I recently watched this video, "Every Parent at Disney," by John Crist and laughed so hard when he says, "I flew my family halfway across the country, and all my homeschool kids want to do is go to the Hall of Presidents."  Dave said, "My homeschool wife flew all the way to San Francisco, and all she wants to do is go see the Redwoods.") 



The views were just gorgeous as we were driving to Muir Woods.  










The moss was so thick and so brilliantly green on the trees.

We had read reviews that said to get there early because parking was so limited.  We took their advice seriously and were one of the first vehicles in, and we nearly felt like we had the entire woods to ourselves.  It was so gorgeous and peaceful. 

After a wonderful late breakfast, we went to Baker Beach and walked along the shore.  We shopped a bit more, had our nails painted, and then I flew home!  It was such a wonderful weekend with Emily!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you! If you don't have an account, select "anonymous" to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...