We had such a fun visit with Papa and Nana last week in Steamboat!
Isaac flew from DFW to Steamboat with Papa and Nana the previous Sunday, so he got to spend 5 days by himself in Steamboat and loved his time!
Dave, Emma, Josiah, and I drove up to Steamboat on Thursday. We stopped to run and stretch our legs in Colorado Springs at my first school - The Classical Academy Central! This is where I learned about classical education. It was fun to see the campus again with my current students. :)
On Friday, we explored and hiked at Fish Creek Falls!
Time flies! These pictures are 5 years apart!
![]() ![]() |
| all the berries Emma found while hiking at Fish Creek Falls - this inspired us to make a berry pie the next day! |


We biked a ton each day, too, and loved it! We enjoyed biking beside the river, and the kids loved this bike park! We went there twice, and they couldn't get enough of it! Tim, Susie, and I went on an 8 mile bike ride one afternoon while Dave and the kids rode at the bike park. Dave was doing time trials for our kids, and some other kids joined in, too!
Josiah learned to ride without training wheels just a few months ago during Covid, and he worked so hard to keep up during our bike rides. We rode over several bridges, and the first time he walked his bike across a bridge. Dave was able to convince him to ride his bike over the next bridges. When we went biking the next time, I heard him mutter, "I've done it before, I can do it again" as he started across a bridge. His little legs pedaled so hard for all the miles! He doesn't always want to give me kisses in public anymore, but after our first bike ride, he ran into my arms and said, "It was such a good bike ride that I want to give you a kiss!"
We also enjoyed delicious meals by Tim & Susie and hiking around their home, and Dave and I even got to sneak away for a breakfast date. It was such a special time together!

















No comments:
Post a Comment
We'd love to hear from you! If you don't have an account, select "anonymous" to leave a comment.