Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Same Kind of Different as Me



I finished this incredible book last night! Like its odd title, this is an odd book in the fact that it deals with issues that we don't usually think about such as homelessness and befriending the unlovable. But, despite its unusualness, "Same Kind of Different as Me" is one of those marvelous reads that you absolutely can't put down! I borrowed it from my friend, Lauren, last Friday night, and it was all I could do to stop reading on Sunday night so I could get some sleep before school on Monday!

The chapters alternate between Denver, a homeless man living in Ft. Worth, and Ron, a wealthy art dealer. I don't want to give away too many details, but it's absolutely amazing how their stories intertwine!

The book has powerful, Biblical truths without overloading on "Christianese." The relationship that Denver and Ron forge through overwhelming differences demonstrates true friendship. Their writing is so real that, by the time I had finished the book, I felt as if I had sat down with them face-to-face.

If you're looking for a great read, I promise you won't be disappointed!

(Also, I was especially excited to see on their website that Denver and Ron recently signed a contract with the producer of "Pursuit of Happyness" to make their story into a movie!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you! If you don't have an account, select "anonymous" to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...