Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2009

An Especially Sweet Mother's Day!

The exciting news of this week made for a wonderful Mother's Day! Dave & I were literally mobbed when we walked into church with so many sweet friends congratulating, hugging, & crying with us! I know I've said it before, but I am absolutely in awe of the love & support we have been shown on this journey to adoption!

(As an aside, it was such a joy to attend church on Mother's Day. In the past few years, this has been one of the very hardest days for me. My heart was absolutely overflowing with joy today! I am amazed at what God has done in my/our life, and I cannot wait to see what He has planned in the next few months as we wait for Baby Rinn!)

After church, my parents, grandparents, and cousin Nate came over for Mother's Day lunch. I always love our family dinners on Sunday; and, though we usually have them at my parent's house, it was a lot of fun to make dinner for everyone. Our amazing dessert was from Decadent Sweetz; we have a huge shout-out to Susan Robertson from our church who makes these amazing creations--YUM!


Mother's Day was especially sweet for me with all the messages, mommy-to-be cards, & presents I received today! I am still in shock that a little one will be in our family next Mother's Day!

3 comments:

  1. Bethy, I'm so happy you had such a fabulous Mother's Day! He truly does give us beauty for ashes, a garment of praise for our spirit of heaviness.
    We are so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post!!! God is so, so good! So amazing that after years of waiting, you and I both got to celebrate our first Mother's Day this year - Adoption is such a miracle from above!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you guys! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! If you don't have an account, select "anonymous" to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...