Today at the doctor, Isaac was 22 1/2 pounds (25th percentile in weight) and 31 1/2 inches (50-75th percentile in height).
Signs please, thank you, airplane, train, & hat
Says
- "a-en" or just "en" (amen)
- "ish" (this can mean a trash can, laundry basket, or anything that goes into the trash can--whether it belongs there or not)
- "a-on" (pretty close to his "amen," but this means "all done")
- "dad" or "dada" (Dave, but he also calls me "dad" when he points to pictures of me in the house)
- "dat" (he says this when he wants you to tell him what something is, or when he wants DAT!) :)
He also touches his ear when he hears a sound (usually a train or airplane, but also when he hears the phone ring, doorbell ring, or a radio on).
Favorite things:
- pretending to drive Dave's truck...my how he cries if he doesn't get to go outside to the truck when Dave gets home at night!
- looking for airplanes in the sky on walks & at my parent's house
- throwing things into the trash...my memory card, a cloth diaper, and several baby spoons are things I've recently dug out of the "ish" :)
- playing in this cardboard box leftover from Christmas..he crawls in and out over and over and then plays "peek-a-boo" through the window
- learning to eat from a spoon
- this new fire engine from Uncle Mike is also one of his favorite things right now! I couldn't find him earlier today and finally heard him growling in the family room. He was sitting in the fire engine pretending to steer. He also loves detaching the water tank from the back of the fire engine and dragging it all around the house.
- giving hugs (one of the most adorable things I think I've ever seen...) He also blew kisses to me from his crib the other day when I laid him down for his nap.
I can't believe my "baby" boy is well into his second year of life! He's full of more fun than we ever imagined...oh how we love him!
What a fun post! I love this stage of discovery and testing boundaries :) Have fun!!
ReplyDelete