I spent all day Saturday walking around the show with Dave and my cousin Nate. By the end, I was exhausted and had a huge blister. Even though Dave & my dad had always talked about how huge ConExpo is, I really couldn't believe it how it just went on and on. I'm sure Dave could add many more details, but my synopsis will have to do for now. :)
After the show closed on Saturday, Dave flew home to spend some time with Susie before she flew back to Colorado...and my weekend flipped from looking at machines and cranes to a girl's weekend! For over half a year, my sister had planned on meeting my parents in Las Vegas when they were there for ConExpo. She is a true Celine Dion fan, and Celine's new show had just opened the week earlier. In January, she talked me into going, too. It went something like this: Bethany, you're a mom now, so when are you ever going to do something like this unless I make you? If you know my sister, you know that she can convince me to do anything. :)
I have to agree with Emily that the show was unreal! I'd never been to Las Vegas before or seen a show anything like this one. The effects were amazing! But, her voice was the most incredible of all! This was my favorite song. I sobbed through it...it didn't help that, during the song, the screens showed pictures of her beautiful twin boys. (Some of the same footage of her children is shown in this link, too.) After the show, we met back up with my dad and all went out for dinner. So fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment
We'd love to hear from you! If you don't have an account, select "anonymous" to leave a comment.