We had a wonderful time in Missouri while we were waiting to come home to Texas,
but--oh!--how we missed Isaac!
This is a sweet picture Isaac colored for Emma while we were waiting to come home. Dave brought it back to Missouri when he flew back for work.
Our lawyer called last Thursday morning to say that we had received clearance from ICPC (Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children) to bring Emma home to Texas! I don't think I've ever seen Dave pack the car so fast! :) We left Missouri around noon and only stopped twice on the way home to feed Emma.
My parents had already brought Isaac back to our house to wait for us that evening. I hadn't seen Isaac in two weeks and was so excited to see him! He giggled and giggled when he saw me--it was adorable! I asked him who was downstairs waiting, and he said "Papa and Baby Sister!"
I love these shots of Isaac seeing Emma for the first time!
And, I love this picture too! Look how happy my dad is to meet Emma!!
Isaac wanted to sit right by my dad while he fed Emma. Isaac was enthralled about this balloon that we brought home from Randy and Avis' house in Missouri. It was after 10:00 at this point, so really Isaac was excited about everything! :)
| First picture as a family of four!! |
These are a few pictures of Emma's first visitors! Jenny with Emma
Jenny's boys, Caden and Carson, both brought Emma little hearts. Jenny & I were sure we should document this moment of Carson giving Emma his heart and a kiss just in case we would ever need a picture like this for a wedding video someday. ;) As soon as Isaac saw that Caden and Carson were giving Emma a heart, he ran and grabbed this "Happy Valentine's Day" heart to give to her, too. :)
How cute is this?--Caden, Carson, Lake, Smith, and Thomas all surrounding Emma!
Kimi and Corrie with Emma!
"helping" Daddy give Emma her bottle
Isaac has been doing great with Emma! He loves "burping" Emma, bringing us her bottles, and giving her kisses. "Where's Baby Emma?" is the first thing he asks each morning when he wakes up. He also loves to talk about "Emma is a baby and drinks bottles, but I am a big boy and drink from big boy cups!" :)
I love this family! This is from right before church yesterday morning...afterwards I realized that Emma's flower is covering half her face! :) Oh well, I'm sure it won't be the last time that happens!!
Oh man, when I saw that first picture of the 4 of you...Isaac's hand on her head...I lost it! This is such a miraculous, happy time!!!!! I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteHi sweet friend! Didn't get to talk with YOU at church, but I did see your precious Emma with Dave!! She is breathtaking! Love ya, Mechelle Savage
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Bethany! I'm so happy for you and Dave!
ReplyDelete