Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Our Funny Boy

I've posted a lot about Emma recently, but I also wanted to share a little bit of what Isaac's been up to.

Yesterday afternoon we did some "corn syrup painting" (idea from one of my favorite blogs, Playing House, here).  Here are a few pictures of this sticky, but very fun, project.  :)
first, color on heavy paper
stir food coloring into corn syrup
start painting!
It was fun to see the crayon "shine" through the corn syrup paint.
Isaac discovered that it's even more fun to just pour all the colored corn syrup right onto the paper and try finger painting with it!  ;) 
Isaac's creations were definitely too sticky to hang on the refrigerator.  I kept them on a cookie sheet until Daddy came home to admire them last night. 
And, in case you were wondering, Isaac says that this is a "road for all the cars to drive on." 

And...Isaac seems to be on a hilarious roll of stories!  His imagination is really taking off.  Here are a few of our favorites from the past few weeks...

**Bedtime seems to provide some of Isaac's best stories. One night he told me he couldn't go to sleep because there was a mouse living under his bed. The next night he told David that he couldn't go to sleep because there was a spider living on his fan. (Isaac was on a spider kick for awhile, because a few days after that he said that the reason Emma was crying was because a spider crawled on her head & scared her.)

**Another night, in another an effort to delay going to bed, he sat down on the rug in his room, patted the ground, and said, "Sit down and talk."  (Someday, his wife will love him for saying that!)  ;)

**In January, I made a Shutterfly book of our vacation to the beach.  There are a few pictures of dolphins in the book from our visit to the Texas State Aquarium.  One morning, Isaac and I were doing his animal flashcards at breakfast.  When we got to the dolphin flashcard, I asked Isaac where he'd seen dolphins, and he said "on vacation."  Then, he got a far-off look in his eyes and said, "More vacation, please."  :) 

**On Monday morning, I woke Isaac up early and told him that we were taking Emma to the doctor for her cough.  He immediately said, "I have a big, bad cough too."  He coughed on and off all the way to the doctor's office.  Right when Dr. Dalton walked into the room to see us, Isaac said, "Hi, I have a bad cough today."  Dr. Dalton was a good sport & checked Isaac out, too.  ;) 

**Yesterday afternoon, when I went in to get Isaac after his nap, he said "I was crying on my bed, but I'm better now. My teeth are better, my head is better, everything all better!"  (I'm really glad everything is all better, because I didn't even know anything was wrong.)
And, one more picture of Isaac--this was on a night he wanted to help with dishes!
Can you tell he's my boy?!  ;)

Isaac, we love you and all the laughs you give us! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I just love him!! These stories made me laugh! That last picture is priceless. :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! If you don't have an account, select "anonymous" to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...