Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Tot School: Sequencing Apples and Counting Apple Seeds

Today I'm linking up with I Can Teach My Child to share an apple activity Isaac and I did this week.

I used this printable and then added dots and numbers to represent the seeds for each apple.
We practiced sequencing the apples from smallest to largest.

We used black beans as our apple seeds. 
First, we counted the dots on each apple and then added the seeds.

Then, we glued them on.  (I love how hard Isaac is concentrating in this picture.)

All finished! 
I hung this on our fridge while Isaac was taking a nap.  After naptime, Isaac was eating his snack at the kitchen table when he noticed this project hanging and said, "My apples look so nice, Mommy!" :)

A printer, scissors, crayons, glue, and black beans...these are all things you probably have in your home for this project.  Other types of beans, Fruit Loops, or Cheerios would work in place of the black beans.  Or you could eat a bushel of apples until you'd saved enough apple seeds.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you! If you don't have an account, select "anonymous" to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...