Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Beat the Heat: Homemade Popsicles

This summer, one of our new adventures has been making homemade popsicles.  Once we removed food dye from our diet, I realized how many popsicles/ice cream treats contained food dye.  I started to feel bad that Isaac and Emma wouldn't get to eat popsicles...until I started looking at homemade popsicle recipes!  I found so many delicious recipes that I know my kids won't miss out by not eating store-bought popsicles.  :)  

Isaac is a great kitchen helper and helped me mix up a new batch of Orange Creamsicles this afternoon. 
Orange Creamsicle recipe found here on Oven Love.  We used Trader Joe's coconut cream in place of half and half/vanilla ice cream and also added the juice from half of a fresh orange.  Yum!

Homemade Fudgesicle recipe found here on Recipe Boy.  I made these just as the recipe says, and they are absolutely amazing.  To be honest, I drank half of the mixture before even freezing it!  It tastes exactly like Chantico that Starbucks used to make.  As you can see, everyone else liked them as much as I did, too!


The first recipe I made this summer was Strawberry Basil Popsicles (recipe found here on Sunny Vegan).  Dave wasn't quite sure about these popsicles, but Isaac and I thought they were great.  Isaac made me laugh when he asked, "But why are there all these leaves (basil) in here?"  

Happy Popsicle-making!   And, if you have any other popsicle recipes, we'd love to try them!

1 comment:

  1. Fresh (or canned) pineapple + 1 can (or more) coconut milk. Blend until smooth and freeze as usual. The natural sweetness from the pineapple is great!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! If you don't have an account, select "anonymous" to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...