Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Then & Now: Throwback Thursday

Isaac--2 1/2 years old (April 2012)
Isaac--4 1/2 years old (May 2014)

I bought this little toy lawn mower at a consignment sale for $1, and we gave it to Isaac for Christmas when he was 2 years old.  I think that was the best $1 we have ever spent!  When Isaac was 2 years old, he followed Dave around almost every Saturday when Dave mowed the lawn.  Last summer, when Isaac was 3, he wasn't as interested.  But, since moving to our new house, Isaac once again loves to "help" with lawn work.  When I saw Isaac following Dave around with his mower a few Saturdays ago, I raced to find my camera.  As I snapped pictures, my eyes filled with tears.  Wasn't it just yesterday that Isaac was just two years old?  He's definitely older now, but I love that he still adores being with his dad.  


Emma--4 days old (February 23, 2012)

Emma--27 months old (May 2014)

We pulled our infant carseat out of the attic this spring to let a friend borrow it for a weekend.  It sat in our piano room for a few weeks before we returned it to the attic, and Emma had a blast with it!  She loved sitting in it.  On this particular occasion, she even buckled herself in correctly!  

Again, I was struck by how quickly my children grow and change.  Some days, I feel as if I teach and say the same things over and over.  (Clear your dishes, flush the toilet, don't forget to wipe, don't crawl out of your crib, buckle the top first and then the bottom…)  In reality, the issues I am focusing on today in parenting today will soon pass.  Older moms and grandmas tell me over and over, "You'll blink, and they'll be going to college.  Enjoy today."  I don't want to forget that this time is precious and quick.  I love these two to pieces.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you! If you don't have an account, select "anonymous" to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...